Business Analyst/Subject Matter Expert
About The Position
Are you a natural-born problem solver, digging into and analyzing problems to find creative solutions? Do you also geek out on all things insurance accounting and billing? Fuel that passion and bring your insurance accounting and billing knowledge and expertise along as a Business Analyst (Premium Trust Accounting Subject Matter Expert) at Novidea. Novideans (plural noun: employees of Novidea) are empowered to innovate using the latest and greatest technology and with the autonomy to do great things!
The ideal candidate not only has expertise in insurance accounting and billing, but a blend of technical and business skills with a knack for engaging multiple stakeholders to effectively capture, challenge, and ultimately translate business needs into clear and concise requirements for development.
Novidea is an insurance technology company solving the toughest challenges faced by insurance brokers, agencies, MGAs and coverholders. Our innovative, data-driven insurance software platform allows users to manage the entire policy lifecycle across all lines of business, using data to inform every business decision, cross-sell and up-sell. Novidea delivers a 360-degree business view, and a powerful competitive advantage.
Looking For a Career Pivot?
If you’ve had a career in insurance (in an accounting, operations, or customer service function), understand the challenges of premium trust and insurance accounting needs, and thought about a pivot to a product or technical role at a software company, this might be the perfect role for you! Read on for more.
What’s the Job?
The Business Analyst (BA) is an essential member of the product team, assisting in the design, build, launch, and optimization of a cross-regional and cross-functional end-to-end insurance policy management system that delivers both customer requirements and the company’s vision and strategy. This is achieved by effectively capturing, challenging, and translating business needs into clear and concise requirements for development teams.
In this role, the BA serves as a cross-functional Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Accounting and Billing processes managed by US insurance agencies. They work closely with business stakeholders, development teams, and designers to define requirements, create user stories, and manage the product backlog to deliver high-quality software solutions to our clients in the insurance industry.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the SME in premium trust accounting, providing deep domain knowledge to both technical and non-technical team members
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and analyze business requirements, translating these into functional specifications and user stories
- Alongside Product Management, help prioritize the product backlog, ensuring the team is working on tasks that align with the product strategy and bring the most value to the user
- Serve as liaison between business stakeholders, developers, and QA teams
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Develop and deliver internal training sessions to educate our development, sales, and customer support teams on the complexities and regulations surrounding premium trust accounting. Create training materials, FAQs, and best practices guides to ensure a consistent understanding across departments.
- Engage with clients and partners to develop and deliver specialized training on our premium trust accounting features. This may include creating client-specific training modules, hosting webinars, or offering on-site training during implementation phases.
What You Bring
- Considerable experience working within insurance agencies and/or carriers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand system data models
- Passion for product and creating solutions that solve business problems
- A team player mindset
- Strong business understanding of US Insurance agencies’ Accounting and Billing to include full set of needs, workflows, data structure, and third-party integration and APIs
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, approximately 5-10% of your time
If You Bring These, Even Better!
- Experience with US insurance integrations, such as Ivans
- AMS or Salesforce experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- U/I or U/X experience
- Experience working with Atlassian products, specifically Jira and Confluence
What The Future Holds
As a member of the product team for a global insurtech, you may have future growth opportunities to roles such as Associate Product Owner, Product Owner, and more.
Life at Novidea
We hire people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this role is a great fit for you, even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
Novidea is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and we are proud of and committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Follow us for more of #lifeatNovidea